Friday, May 27, 2011

I was walking and fell down like... BANFF!!!!

Hello everyone I've had a crazy week, but I'm having a slow morning at work so I figured I'd write the post I planned on writing Monday. 

In Canada last weekend was a long weekend so on Sunday a friend and I decided to make a day trip to Canada's first National Park, Banff. 

First we stopped in the town just outside of the park called Canmore for lunch. One of my favorite restaurants is there. It is called the Grizzly Paw. They micro brew their own beer, in house. 

This is my Grumpy Bear Honey lager closest, and my friends raspberry ale in the background.


The food was delicious as usual. I'd have taken a picture of it but by the time the food came I was so hungry I forgot till it was all gone.

This is the view from the patio where we had our lunch.

After lunch, where I also got to watch the hockey game, GO CANUCKS, we continued on to Banff.

We wondered around Banff for about an hour where I found this shirt. I didn't buy it because everything in Banff is priced to rape the tourists.



It then started to rain (and hasn't stopped), so we decided to go sit in the hot springs.


You can sorta see the steam coming out of the springs. I didn't really feel like taking a picture of a whole bunch of random strangers so this is as good as it gets.


Sorry for the destroyed windshield ruining the picture. This is main street Banff. I wanted pictures of the scenery but was to lazy to get out of my FJ and take them.

This is the view on the way out of town.


A while ago in the other rendition of my blog I asked why I lived where I do. All I had to do was take a day trip to the mountains and I figured it out. It is fucking beautiful up here.


Later days

3 comments:

  1. I love Canmore. Really love it. It is so beautiful there. I can't remember the name of the place I ate at though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @OT: Canmore has so many good places to eat I can't really even offer any names. I would love to live in Canmore but the commute would kill me even more than it already does. It isn't just beautiful there, the people are so laid back and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That honey lager looks amazing.

    Your windshield, however, does not.

    Sounds like a fun overall trip. Haven't been to "America's Hat" just yet, but it's on my to-do list. And I'm a lot closer than I used to.

    That said, Banff looks pretty sweet. And you can't pick a better name.

    L.I.I.

    (p.s. - GFC seems to be working now. If you still want to follow me, you should be able to now. Cheers!)

    ReplyDelete

My frail ego requires validation.